Wildlife surprises you when you least expect it and your Sundarban tour will give you the same opportunity!
The name ‘Sundarban’ itself means ‘beautiful forest’. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Sundarban National Park has a magnificent mangrove forest that’s the largest in the world. Covering approximately 10,000 square kilometers of the Ganges and Brahmaputra rivers between India and Bangladesh, Sundarban is a natural beauty to explore.
What makes the Sundarban is most unique is that it’s the only mangrove jungle in the world to have tigers – and they’re strong swimmers! Wow!
Let’s know some details about Sundarban!!
Before you go for Sundarban National Park tour, you should know a few things, such as-
1. Best Time to Visit
The ideal time to visit Sundarban National Park is September to March
2. How to reach Sundarban from Kolkata?
By Air- Dum Dum is the nearest airport at Kolkata.
By Rail- The nearest railhead is at Canning, 48 km and the nearest town is Gosaba.
Waterways-Sundarban is mainly accessible by waterways. The routes are-
- From Namkhana – Bhagabatpur Crocodile Project, Sagar Island, Jambudwip
- From Sajnekhali – Sudhanyakhali, Buridabri, Netidhopari, Holiday Island
3. Entry Fees of Sundarban National Park
- Foreigners need a permit to enter the national park along with their passport. The permit can be obtained from two places either from Forest Department at Sajnekhali or the West Bengal Tourism office in Kolkata.
- If you travel with a Sundarban tour & travels, they will make the arrangements for you.
|National Park||INR 60||INR 600|
|Boat||INR 400||INR 700|
4. Where to stay in Sundarban national park?
Sundarban is being an eco-friendly place in India; you can find simple accommodation options rather than luxury ones with a complete wildlife feel. There are a number of jungle camps and tourist lodges in Sundarban National Park that offer comfortable stay such as-
- Sundarbans Jungle Camp
- Tora Eco Resort & Life Experience Center
- Sundarban Tiger Camp
- Solitary Nook
- Sajnekhali Tourist Lodge
5. Places to Explore Around Sundarban
Sundarban is home to captivating beauty. While in Sundarban you should visit these places-
- Sajnekhali Bird Sanctuary
- Tin Kona Island
- Sudhanyakhali Watch Tower
- Mangrove Eco Garden
- Hiron Point
- Dublar Char Island
Your trip with the wild in Sundarban will certainly spellbind you. Trust me; this popular wildlife place has so much to offer to blow your mind. And planning a rejuvenating weekend trip or a family vacation with kids to Sundarban would be the best taste to your holiday.